Friday, June 11, 2010

Final Project

You've learned how to use the internet in language teaching and learning. As the end of the semester is drawing near, I need to explain the final project that you have to do as a requirement to pass this course.devil

As mentioned in the syllabus, the project consists of two parts: the online project and a paper.

  • The online project can be (1) your Multiply site, or (2) your blog in Blogger. Please post or upload anything related to the teaching of English in your school in Multiply or Blogger. Remember, they were created to encourage you and your students to make good use of the internet in the teaching and learning of English.
  • The paper can be about (1) a report of the application of the internet in your school, or (2) detailed explanation about the above online project. Some of you said that you had a report of action research you conducted in your school when you used ICT in the teaching of English. This is a good paper to be submitted for this course, and can be categorized as no (1) above. If you haven't written any research report about the use of internet in language teaching, you can write the assignment no (2).
If you want to write a paper about Multiply or Blogger, here is how you organize it.

Title
Preface
Table of Contents
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Review of literature
Section 3: Current Project
Section 4: Conclusion


dancingIn the introduction, explain the background of writing this paper. Write about the education in Indonesia, East Java and your school (from general to specific things). For example you may want to write about the efforts to improve the quality of education, policy of the government in establishing RSBI, the development of technology & its use in education, etc.

oh go onIn the review of literature, please write about blogs (if you choose Blogger as your final project) or social networking sites (if you choose Multiply as your final project). Explain what they are, what their function is, their pedagogical application, etc. In other words, you talk about blogs or social networking sites in general.

angelIn the current project section, you write specifically about your own Blogger or Multiply site: what you use it for, what subject/course it is about, whether you use it to post course materials or supplemental materials, how you maintain contact with your students through the site, etc, etc, etc.

The deadline of both the online project and the paper is 22 June 2010. Please submit the hardcopy of the paper to Dr. Ali Mustofa, while the soft copy should be sent to me by email.

If you have questions about the final project, please write them in the comment box below. I will try to answer them as soon as possible.on the phone

Good luck thumbs upparty

38 comments:

  1. Good evening, Miss Raras.
    Thank you for explaining the details of the final projets. There have been some different perception about them. But now, things are clear.

    To all of "Gendolos" members, let's get started and do the best.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I can't wait to see the blogs of all members of Gendolos group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally i got it after visiting this blog several times. Thank you very much for posting it. Actually i've got the point of the course project since the beginning of the course. My problem was only about the organization of the paper and the idea of the paper content, hehehe. Well, at least your explanation can specify what we are supposed to do. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. I'm glad now everything is well understood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ms. Raras,
    Thank you for your post about the final project. It is challenging, but hopefully I can finish it.By the way, as what you said in the last meeting, I made mistake in creating the bullets. Would you tell me how to correct it, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bu Evita, it's easy to correct it. Please find the following:

    .post li {

    Under this command you could find the following:

    background:url("http://..........") no-repeat $startSide .3em;

    Please change that into:

    background:url("http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/ephthera/Blogger%20%20Blueberry/button.jpg") no-repeat $startSide .3em;

    I hope this can solve your problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, miss. would you please post your complete name+all titles and also mr Ali. we need it in writing our final paper. or if it is a matter of "privacy" could you send it to:

    darwisgoglobal@gmail.com

    thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pak Darwis, it's not a private matter. :)
    You could write our names this way:

    Dr. Ali Mustofa, M.Pd.
    Kusumarasdyati, Ph.D.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, miss. That's what I'm waiting for. Hopefully I can finish it on time. Wish me luck...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome, bu Ana. Wish you lots of luck in completing the project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Astaghfirulloh! next week? Bu Raras, please don't do that......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry, bu Fitri, but the deadline is next Tuesday. We have agreed about that from the beginning of the semester. I believe you could finish it on time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks mom for the detail explanation about the final project. Although I am not good at blog, and other computer programs, I'll try it. Whish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, good luck. I hope you could finish it on time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the information. Sorry to write late due to the troubled connection of speedy in my house. But, then, I get better understanding from you and I still keep my persistence in writing my final project about ICT in my action research. I do hope that Bu raras will appreciate what I'm writing though a bit far from your expectation. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bu Winahyu, it's alright to submit that paper for the final project, as it's relevant to this course. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your information. Although I feel difficult to understand, but I try to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank u 4 ur information Miss... Hopefully, all d gendolos'members will be able 2 submit d final projects on time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're welcome, bu Ryanti. I hope for the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mom, Alhamdulillah, I've finished my paper, but there is something happened, my previous blog finally found, so I have two blogs already, my previous blog is fitri5blog.blogspot.com. Please check it out, because I have sent one material to my students in this address, thx

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's good that you still have the blog. I like the pictures there, they're cute. Please submit the paper by email if you finish writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've posted my paper,unfortunately, I had to go to "warnet" to post it and they only have windows 2003, I have edited my paper, but I don't know how the paper appeared in your email, I hope the paper is not changed worse,...sorry Mom

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bu Fitri, I've opened the file and it looked alright. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Miss thank you the information about final
    project. Some days ago I sent my blog address and to day I will try to send the final project

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bu Nur, I've received your email containing the blog address, thank you. I look forward to reading your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gd Evening Miss, I've send my final projrct (paper) to ur e-mail. english.children09@gmail.com..and my blog is "temblod.blogspot.com"
    Give revision n suggestion ya...
    Mbah Zack

    ReplyDelete
  27. Finally, I finished writing my final paper. And it has been sent to you, Miss Raras. Hope you to read it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Miss. Raras
    I have sent my paper to your e-mail address.
    Please check it.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for your comment towards my blog, Ibu. I just want to let you know, I have also posted listening materials (including MP3). Would you please check them in my blog and give me any suggestion. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Miss Raras, Thanks God, I've finished my final paper and sent to your both emails (gmail n yahoo). Would you please check them and confirm me if you've got my email(final paper). Miss, I've also succeeded posting video in my blog for my students. could you check it but we must wait little bit longer (like youtube)to watch the video.

    darwis

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mbah Zack, bu Winahyu, bu Evita, bu Lasti'ah and pak Darwis: thank you very much for sending the paper to my email. I've downloaded them. See you in class this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Miss Raras I have send my final paper, please check it. thank U

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bu Sri, I have received your email containing the paper, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Bu Raras...this is sugiyono, 08745083, I'm so sorry because I'm not able to send my final project on time, I,ve just come frm Jakarta to join with a program held by Diknas, I'm finishing my final project now and will be sent to your email soon......than you

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pak Giant, I'll be waiting for your paper in my email.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear Miss Raras,
    I just want to confirm that I have given you my blog address in the class session (Tuesday 22). I have tried three times to give comment but always unseen in the end. Here is my address again in case that you are so busy and forget about that. http://dianafaroq.blogspot.com
    Thank you
    Diana Faroq

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you, bu Diana. I still remember your blog which is flowery. :)

    ReplyDelete