Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blog: How to change the header

You have learned how to customize the theme of Blogger in the previous entry. Now I'm going to show you how to change the header of Blogger so that you could put a picture that you like there.bee

How to resize the picture

  • View the picture using Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
  • Click Edit Picture > Resize.


You will see information about the size of the picture (in pixels) on the right bottom of the page. For the header, you need a picture with the size of 600x200 pixels.


  • If the size is too small or too big, you need to adjust the width into 600 pixels. Enter the correct number in the box Percentage of original width x height, until you have the width of 600 pixels.
  • Click OK.
  • If you need to cut the top or bottom part of the picture to get the height of 200 pixels, use crop.
  • Click Edit Picture > Crop.
  • Crop the top or bottom of the picture, click OK.
  • Click Save.

How to write the title of the blog in the picture

You have a picture with the size of 600 x 200 pixels. Now you need to write the title of the blog in the picture.
  • View the picture using Paint.
  • Click the letter A on the left. Now you can write something in the picture.


  • Click the picture in which you start to write, drag to the right side. Now you see a square. You could write inside the square.


  • Don't forget to make the background transparent. You could see two choices in the bottom left: the first option is for white background, the second option is for transparent background (see the picture above). Choose the second.
  • You could also change the type and size of the font in the long box above.
  • After you finish writing, click Save.

How to upload the picture to your blog

  • Log in to your blog.
  • Click Customize on the top right.


  • You will see the Navbar (navigation bar). The box on the top is the header box. Click Edit.


  • There will be a pop-up window. Write the blog title and description.


  • Click Browse and locate the picture you want to put there.
  • Under Placement, select Instead of title and description.
  • Click Save.

Now you have a beautiful header in your blog.love struck

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much it helps me a lot. I made it already. Firstly I was a bit confused but after i got it, it's a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I've visited your blog, it looks cute, with the snowmen in the background. It's really nice to have you as my student. You have great interest in the course and always do the tasks I give without delay. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ms. Raras,
    I was in Aussie while you're lecturing about blog three weeks ago. I've tried as hard as possible to learn it from your guidance in your postings. It helps me so much. So far I've tried to change the theme and the header of my blog. Later, I'll try to submit some postings in it. I still need your further guidance to make it better.
    It's really challenging but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bu Evita, I've visited your blog. You've been successful in changing the header. It's a lovely photo, I believe it was taken in Australia. :)
    It looks challenging indeed to customize the theme of blogger, but soon you'll find that it's very easy. Good luck, I can't wait to see the posts in your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the compliment. i'm flattered. It's nice to have you around too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the compliment.
    I've been successful in submitting my first post with some emoticons on it. I can't wait to listen to/read your further guidance in designing better layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mom,
    I have made my blogger background assignment. My address: http://sratnawati.blogspot.com
    Thank you,
    Sri Ratnawati

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bu Evita, congratulations, now you have a cute blog for your students. :)

    Bu Cici, I've visited your blog. You're successful in changing the header and you look pretty there. I think it's better to move the title to the right side of the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ma'am, I'm not satisfied with my trial in making the blog. and I tried to make the new one with the same email address, but failed. how to delete the old so that I can create the new one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. and Ma'am, I have post some texts for my blog. but its only the first can be seen on my blog. what kind of problem is that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Horray...look, now it's not rsbiunesa again! I have changed it from the profile of my blog. now I can see that my comment will written as my name: SRI ENDANG!! Hehehe... afterall its exciting to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bu Sri Endang, it's easy to delete a blog. Log in to blogger.com. You will be in the dashboard and can see your blog(s) there. Click 'setting' under the title of the blog, then you will be in the 'setting' page. You will see blog tools: import blog, export blog, delete blog. Please click 'delete blog'.

    If you want to change the user name only, not the address of the blog, then you've been successful in doing it. Congratulations! :)

    I agree, it's exciting to use blogs.

    ReplyDelete